Violin Lesson Note 3
When I was in college, Yuki always insisted me to remember the music score, but I never listened.
As time goes by, and as I put more effort into the violin practicing. Now, I think it is crucial to be able to memorize the piece we are practicing or playing.
Here are some common techniques I gathered from James and Susan. (I wish i paid more attention to what Yuki had said)
Music Memorization Techniques:
- Listen to the recording whenever we have time
- Learn the piece by a small trunk, 4- 8 bars depending on personal abilities.
- Able to repeat the 4-8 bars 8 times without any mistakes.
- Learn the music by listening rather than reading the music score.
- Find a pattern [a]
- Play the 4-8 bars without a violin or play it on another instrument (piano, guitar, viola) or singing.
- Repeat the process for next 4-8 bars! and find the connection!
Don’t Forget to tell ourselves we are amazing just by the desire to memorize all the music…..
[a] For example:
Spring Sonata, Mvt I.
The first part is a variation of C Major (1,3,5)
The second part is a variation of C Minor (1, 3b, 5).
I really like the TwoSet Violin Memorization Game video!
Happy Practicing! 🍥